W39 Bistro & Bakery

On a late Sunday afternoon my friend and I were looking for a café for a quick fix at the west area of the island. We were planning to go for Necessary Provisions, but found out that it was closed on 5pm on Sundays and that no dinner menu was served.

We ended up going to W39 Bistro & Bakery. It is a neighborhood cafe located in a stretch of shops in front of a housing complex. The restaurant stands up among the crowd by its distinctive blue and yellow colors. It was around 5.30pm when we arrived, and there were some tables in the al fresco area as well as indoor area occupied, although most were still empty. 


The entrance to the indoor seating area
Al fresco seating area

The interior was very creatively decorated. I got a splash of "adventure" feel upon entering the restaurant. It was like a childhood fantasy. The walls were painted blue and yellow - unique decos like bold china plates were displayed on the walls. Some fancy and distinctive trinkets were placed around the restaurant, adding the curiosity to carefully explore the story behind each items. The owner sure spent quite a good amount of time decorating the restaurant.


Indoor seating area



The menu was a simple piece of paper. My friend and I both ordered the Confit of Duck Leg ($19.50). I wanted to get the Roasted Spatchcock but the dish took 20 minutes to prepare. 


Confit of duck leg, mashed potato, roasted herb tomato, arugula salad

The Confit of Duck Leg was pretty much a well-balanced dish. The duck leg was humongous. And I guess because of the size the meat was not as succulent as it could've been. On the other hand, I was completely amused by the sides. The baked tomato was probably the best I have ever eaten in my whole life. The fragrance of the tomato and herb seasoning was simply wonderful. The arugula salad was also nicely presented, with the perfect amount of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. 

For the drinks, I ordered the Iced Milo ($3.5). Initially I hesitated my decision for ordering the "typical" drink with such a high bill. But you get what you paid for. The milo was thick and very flavorful. 


Iced milo

As both a bistro and a bakery, the restaurant was decorated with cake and bread displays that made your mouth waters. I wish we got to order the desserts but we were too full to manage another portion of cake. 


Bread display

Cake display

Overall my dining experience at W39 Bistro & Bakery was great. Not only that the food was good, but we got to enjoy the pretty decos too! I will definitely come back to taste the cakes!


The exterior of W39 Bistro & Bakery

W39 Bistro & Bakery

39 Jalan Mas Puteh, Singapore 128637
+65 9646 5372

My Rating: 4/5





0 comments:

Post a Comment