Cake Spade

After being in my bucket list for quiet a while, I finally got to visit Cake Spade after dinner for the second time at Pasta Brava. Cake Spade is located at the street level of Orchid Hotel, and it was on the side facing Tanjong Pagar Road. Based on my cake definition, Cake Spade serves American cakes.

When we arrived at Cake Spade, it was around 8pm on a Saturday evening, and most of the cakes have been out of stock. Few selections were left, including their house famous Tofu Cheesecake, but I chose to not order tofu cheesecake as I made tofu cheesecake pretty regularly and though mine was the bomb - confident enough with the taste, needless to say.





I settled for the Hummingbird Cake ($5.9), and my two friends shared the Chocolate Blackout Cake ($5.9). In terms of price tag, Cake Spade offers, in my opinion, reasonable quote for traditional American style cakes. 

I love my Hummingbird Cake. Hummingbird is a classic banana, pineapple, and coconut cake. It is one of my go to cupcake flavors as it was fruity and light. From Cake Spade, although the texture was too crumbly, the cake was moist and rich. I would have to say that the fruity notes could have been more prominent. The sweetness level was just nice for me, and I love the not too-overpowering cream cheese frosting too!

Hummingbird cake

The Chocolate Blackout Cake was a classic all-chocolate cake. Texture of the cake was dense yet still light and not overpowering. The cake was filled and topped with dark chocolate ganache which was yummy too!

Chocolate blackout cake

For the drinks, I ordered the Earl Grey Tea served in a cup ($3.5), and my friends ordered the Arizona Tea ($3.5). I love the 99c Arizona Tea and it was great to find them here even though more expensive.





Our overall experience at Cake Spade was pleasant. The only downside was the size of the store that was too small to accommodate all the guests. Although the cakes were not over the world extremely yummy, I would definitely come back to Cake Spade to get my fix on American cakes that are pocket friendly.

Cake Spade

01-06 Orchid Hotel
1 Tras Link, Singapore 078867
+65 6444 3868

My Rating: 3.5/5


1 comments:

  1. At the bottom of enmity between strangers lies indifference. See the link below for more info.

    #strangers
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete